Tuesday, April 26, 2005

What the...?

All I can say is, "What the hell did they do to my Maclean's?"



I heard an interview with Sheilaaaaaaaagh Rogers and the new editor of Maclean's last week and I was impressed (at the time) with what he had to say. I'd enjoyed some of the articles in the last couple issues (the Camilla piece was really a fun read) so I hoped that this was a good thing.

I was even accepting of his being the former editor of The National Post aka the Newspaper I Won't Even Read For Free. Sheilaaaaaagh made mention of the fact that Der Post was a newspaper that was a haven for 'real writers', as she put it. That actually is the reason I hate the Post so much. I don't want to writers doling out my daily news. I want journalists. Sure, give the writers a spot in the opinion section or in the editorial pages, but don't fluff up every last bit of news!

That said, I figure that journalism by writers works in the Maclean's format. I'll have to read this latest tabloid-esque issue to see how it holds up. So help me if there's another article about Research In Motion though. Two weeks in a row they had an article about them.

Grumble grumble grumble... stupid cover... grumble grumble...

No comments: