Friday, April 01, 2005

Dear Brock: APRIL FOOLS! Your Friend, Electronics Boutique

I wish this were just an April Fools gag, but alas, it's not. I went into Guelph today to pick up my copy of Splinter Cell and return some shirts to Old Navy.

I go into EB and tell them that I'm there to pick up the game (I knew they would have it because I saw copies at the Mississauga store on Thursday evening). The register-jockey said, "PC, right?"

"No... Xbox."

The grimace on his face should have tipped me off. Turns out that for some strange reason they got the regular and special edition copies of Chaos Theory for the Gamecube, PC and PS2, but they only received the regular version of the game for the Xbox.

I almost picked up the regular version so I could at least play the game, but I did make a special trip out there on Tuesday to get the collector's edition so I decided to just wait till they get my copy in. There's a chance they may get some on Saturday, which is cool since we really don't have any plans for the weekend. If not, I guess I'll have to wait till Monday or so to get the game.

Ah well. I'll just have to spend my evening learning how to use this multimedia software for church instead and playing some WoW. It wasn't a complete waste of a trip though. I did get a couple novels at Chapters before my crushing disappointment at the game store.

Stupid warehouse screwing up the orders... grumble...

---
What I'm Reading: Same book as yesterday
What I'm Playing: WoW, Brothers In Arms (maybe)
What I'm Watching: What Not To Wear, A Better Tomorrow

No comments: