Saturday, April 30, 2005

End of an Empire

I just finished the awesome kung-fu inspired RPG, Jade Empire. Not only does it have a pretty cool story and lots of fun kung-fu action, it's also one of the funniest games I've played in a while (Psychonauts withstanding).

I think I'm going to stop reading what people write on the internet though. I remember when the game came out people were saying it was short, which in RPG terms means 20-25 hours, tops. Well, I must be extremely thorough or they must skip all the conversations and cinematics, because I put in at least 35 hours, plus all the time taken up by reloads.

I also read some stuff complaining about how the end was abrupt. Well, I guess that there wasn't a 30 minute CGI movie like you'd get at the end of a Final Fantasy game, but given that, to me, the last 5-10 hours of the game took place AFTER I'd thought I'd finished the game in the first place, I felt like I had a really long, extended epilogue to the game. Plus there are little summaries about what all your followers got up to after the game finishes, so that's fine with me. I felt the ending movies weren't very long, but the ending itself was fine.

And if you play it and beat it, watch the entire credits. Funny stuff there.

---
What I'm Reading: More graphic novels, maybe some Artemis Fowl books
What I'm Playing: Jade Empire, Psychonauts, WoW, Guild Wars
What I'm Watching: My fever get worse and my nose get drippier.

No comments: