Saturday, April 09, 2005

KHAAAANNNNN-or

So much for a relaxing Saturday.

Julie had a scrapbooking thingy in the early afternoon. First off, I thought I'd have the house to myself for a couple hours. Then it turned out that they weren't going to bring kids, so I figured that I'd just be hanging out with Garrett. Then Kate came by and I found myself alone with TWO babies!

It was like rotating baby screams from the minute the moms walked out the door. Connor would go nuts, then Garrett would join in and Connor would quiet down a bit so he could learn Garrett's technique, then he'd come right back in for another round.

Eventually I was able to get Garrett into the jolly jumper and Connor fell asleep on my chest as I played some shareware game on the internet for a bit. So by the time Dave, Kate & Julie showed up, it was like everyone had been sleeping peacefully for hours. Ah well.

Dave & I went out afterwards and I found a copy of the original Splinter Cell for the Xbox for $4 used. Can't go wrong there. I think I got more for it when I traded it in a while ago. Amazingly, I resisted picking up Sideways and a GBA game at Walmart. Weird. I need to try that self-control stuff a bit more.

I never did get around to playing WoW today. Ah well. I think I'll go play some Splinter Cell 3 for a bit before heading to bed. I have all afternoon tomorrow to geek out.

The nice thing was that I finally got our propane tank filled up for the BBQ and we were able to have some burgers for dinner. Of course, the mouse that made the lovely nest in my BBQ all winter will have to find a new home... Such is life.

No comments: