When last we saw our hero, he was busy getting ready for some interviews and looking forward to vacation with the family!
What a difference a month makes. Let me break it down for you:
1) I got a promotion. I'm now a program manager at a new house which means that I've got a lot more work to do but a lot more flexibility to my schedule. I'm still in the adjustment phase where I am getting used to coming and going at times that aren't 7-3pm or 3-11pm. I miss my days off during the week though, but Julie's happy to have me around on the weekends.
2) We had a crazy busy (but fun) week off at the beginning of the month. We hit Canada's Wonderland, Marineland, Niagara Falls, a trampoline gym in Mississauga and even got a chance to sit down once or twice. Phew. I'm pretty sure we have some pictures of our adventures so I'll get them posted toot sweet.
3) The kids are busy with summer camps. They keep saying that they hate it there in the afternoon but the next morning they're chomping at the bit to get there and have fun. At least they get a break next week at Grandma & Grandpa's place (and we get a break from them!)
4) Speaking of which, MY grandpa has been in the hospital for the month. It's kind of frustrating because we don't seem to be able to get a clear answer on what exactly is wrong with him. All I know is that he's in rough shape and very frail. We keep dreading that the phone will ring and it will be bad news... Please say a little prayer for him and my grandma if you're so inclined.
5) And last, but not least, we're moving. Well, we're planning to move. Where? Probably just somewhere else in Acton. We actually found a house we like but it doesn't have forced air heating or A/C, which, after this summer, is something we really don't want to have to do without. That being said, we've emptied most of the clutter and books and such into a storage unit for the time being and it's kind of scary to see just how much space we have in here when all of the junk is gone. Maybe we can keep it like this for a while!
6) Garrett went to his first Jays game on the weekend. I was depressed because my beloved Tigers lost, but he was pretty happy. It's just a shame it was so hot up in the 500 level nosebleed seats. We could only sit there for a bit before we had to get up and walk around the interior of the SkyDome to cool off. At least the tickets were cheap.
7) We also went to Fort George in Niagara On The Lake for the 1812 reenactments, which was pretty cool. I even got a General Brock action figure which is displayed prominently in my office at work :)
So that's about it for what we've been up to for the month July. It's been work, camp, packing, lather, rinse, repeat. Heck, I've barely had a chance to play any videogames. That's just not right, I tell ya!