Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto!

Tonight was my final (free) night of karate. Man, am I ever paying for it.

I took advantage of Julie's early return from work and the lovely weather we are having out Acton way to walk over to the dojo. It also gave me a chance to dust off the ol' MP3 player that has been seriously underused this winter.

When I got to the dojo, I thought I'd get a private lesson as there was only one other student there tonight. Thankfully a couple more people showed up just before class started and I didn't have to measure up to a brown belt.

We worked on punches and kicks tonight. I'm not sure if it was the pre-training walk or the really long day, but I was exhausted by the end of training. I felt good though. I was also noticing that I was able to do certain moves that were killing me just 3-4 weeks ago without even feeling anything. That is a good thing! That, or it's a sign of leprosy.

Afterwards my Shihan took me to the office and we talked about how my month went and I was very happy that he didn't try to pressure me into signing up for a year of training right away, given that I have no idea how my schedule will work out once I return to work. He and the other really made me feel welcome at the dojo and if my schedule permits, I'm hoping to sign up once I go back to work.

Of course, knowing how well my luck tends to go, I jammed my toe on the tatami shortly before the end of practice. Figures that my last day would be the day that I hurt myself. I didn't break it (I hope) but it's kind of swollen and sore... I'll just see how it is in the morning. Bleh.

No comments: