Thursday, January 27, 2005

Dentistry: A Real Pain In The Arm

I was at the dentist today to get a filling and some cleaning done. Garrett came with me and spent the entire hour or so charming the socks off of everyone who wandered into his sphere of cuteness. He even got a new toothbrush which he proceeded to chew the packaging off of.

Anyway, I was sitting there, getting my freezing on and the dentist had to give me a second needle worth of freezing because I fall into the lucky 10% that needs to have both sides of their gums frozen in order to not be in agony.

He was giving me the needle when the 'slight pinch' turned into a rocketing electric shock that not only blasted my jaw but also went all down my arm and into my hand, which tingled for a bit afterwards. Commenting on my jumping and yelping, the dentist said that most people feel a zap into their jaw if he hits the nerve. When I told him I felt it all the way into my hand, he was quite amazed. He'd never heard of that happening before.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. The upside of this is that my mouth was so frozen that I didn't feel a thing for the filling and the cleaning was rather painless too. I still hate the little electric tooth polisher. It makes my teeth tickle.

Anyway, that's my dentistry story. Be careful if you get a needle in the inside of the back of your gums. You may have a shocked hand.

---
What I'm Reading: Across The Nightingale Floor: Book 1 of the Otori
What I'm Playing: Resident Evil 4, Mercenaries
What I'm Watching: My parents as they fly off to Cuba for a week! GRR!

No comments: