Monday, January 10, 2005

24: Season 4: The first 4 hours

Well, I'm liking the new season of 24. Granted, concidering I loved the first 3, that's not much of a stretch.

I'm interested to see what the impending doom is this season and how Jack will stop it. He's already gone from being in a suit for a meeting to scrambling around the brush with a sniper rifle and holding up a gas station in less than 4 hours. What kookiness will unfold for our intrepid hero? At least he's not a junkie this season.

My only real beef with it so far is that the CTU sequences are rather underwhelming so far. For starters, Jack's not even technically working there anymore and the new boss there hates him more than any previous boss ever did. My big problem is that they've gotten rid of all of the interesting and likable characters from the last 3 seasons that worked at CTU. The only person that I can see who has lasted from seasons 1-3 to be at CTU this season is Chloe.

This is a problem because Chloe is hands-down THE most annoying character ever to grace the screen. I have gotten to like her after last season, but I still want her to get blown up or have a jet land on her every time she's on screen.

Unfortunately, she's the most sympathetic character at CTU this season, from what I've seen. Maybe it's just that I miss Tony & Michelle, but even George or Chappelle were more likable than Driscoll or any of the other characters at CTU this season.

Ah well. Hopefully I'll get to like them more by the end of the season. It's sad when the only guy you really root for at their headquarters is Johnson, the torturer who says nothing.

That said, I'm liking the season so far and I'm interested to see where it goes. I still liked Season 2 the best though.

No comments: