Saturday, January 22, 2005

A couple neat lists and articles.

So I'm in Corunna this weekend, weathering out the blizzard that is very reminiscent of the little bit of snow we got on our wedding day. To make the day go by faster, I surfed around a bit and found some pretty interesting articles on 1up.com.

First up, you have the Top 50 Essential Games Of All Time list. This is actually a very compelling read as each and every game has a rather indepth history of its impact on gaming as well as how it has affected games since then. Each game also has a little musing by one of the editors about the game, the controversies surrounding it or their memories of playing it.

The neatest thing is that it's not just a fluff piece with the most popular games of the last 5 years. I mean, it has E.T. for the Atari in there!

The other article is the "I Want My Money Back" series. This is a weekly column about games that people bought and why they sucked so much. Sometimes it's because the game was overhyped, sometimes it's just that the game was awful and other times it's a combination of things. I found it particularly funny, but maybe it's because I've had many an "I Want My Money Back" experience.

I have to say that I do not agree with a bunch of their game picks though. I mean, come on. Xenosaga: Vol. 1 and Vagrant Story? How can you not like those?!

---
What I'm Reading: Apocalpyse Array
What I'm Playing: RE4, Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories
What I'm Watching: Far too much figure skating to be healthy.

No comments: