Thursday, January 13, 2005

Boondoggles R Us

Stupid HRDC.

I am still jumping through the hoops I need to jump through in order to get my EI Benefits while I'm off looking after Garrett.

This is ok. I filled out some stuff online today to finalize everything but I figured that I'd better call them up just to verify that I'd done the right things on the forms.

Of course, when I press the button to speak to a live human being, I get a message stating, "Due to high call volume, we cannot help you right now. Call back later."

You'd think that the government would have queues on their phone systems. I mean, the technology has only been around for the last, oh, 20 years or so. I don't mind being put on hold. Just don't disconnect me because 3 other people are calling at the same time.

Sigh.

No comments: