Friday, May 13, 2005

Xbox 360 stuff

There's a neat little video that was released today that details a lot of what the new Xbox will do. Granted, it's mostly style over substance, but it does look neat.

I like that it will have wireless controllers and have a wireless internet adapter built in. It looks a lot nicer than the giant black doorstop that is the XBox 1, but that doesn't take much.

I wish they'd spent more time actually showing gameplay footage in the video instead of talking about how the system tries to embody the idea of an inhalation. Honestly, it's like talking about how an iMac is better than a PC because it comes in colours other than beige. Sure, it'll be cool to swap out your faceplate on the system, but I really don't care about that in the long run. Give me game footage!

Ah well.

Speaking of games, I beat Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory today. Very sweet game, although there were a few spots that drove me nuts. I think it's because I try to 'ghost' through the game. 'Ghosting', for those not up on their stealth game lingo, is when you go through a game without killing anyone. I have all these nifty gizmos and guns and I rarely used them unless it was to shoot out a light. For me, the game is all about sneaking up behind guys and knocking them out. Granted, true ghosting involves going through the game and not interacting at all with any other character (aside from those you need to talk to) but that's a little bit TOO hardcore for me.

Today my first two games from GetGames.ca arrived. I got Ace Combat 5 for the PS2 and Lego Star Wars for the Xbox. Let me tell you, Lego Star Wars is awesome. The way they have every element of the game constructed from Lego is great. The little puzzles are neat since you use the force to assemble bridges, etc from Lego pieces. You can also disassemble certain objects, like a tree, and turn it into a set of stairs so long as the pieces work that way. It's touches like that that make the game so cool.

It's also very funny. Darth Maul is just so cute, especially when he gets cut in half and it looks like what a typical Lego character looks like if you pull the legs off. Thankfully they're little to no speech in the game so you don't have to hear Jar Jar talk.

---
What I'm Reading: Artemis Fowl... Kingdom Come, Spider-Girl Digest #1
What I'm Playing: Lego Star Wars, Find the Transcript on the Erindale website
What I'm Watching: The Dead Zone, the Hypnoclock...

No comments: