Sunday, May 29, 2005

I've got friends in close places

This has been an interesting weekend. First off, the 9 straight days of torrential rains that I was eagerly awaiting since I rushed to finish my gardening on Thursday have yet to occur. We did get some thunder and lighting and a wee bit of rain today, but that's it. Sigh.

Secondly, I had not one, but two visits from far-flung friends this weekend. Not only that, but both sets are going to be not-so-far-flung in the near future.

The inimitable Doug of Doug & Jenn stopped by yesterday for an evening of playing Burnout 3, eating Snickers Cake and watching most of the first season of Corner Gas, which he had initially compared to Train 48 *spit*. Thankfully Doug changed his tune after he actually watched an episode of Corner Gas and proceeded to chuckle through another 4-5 eps till he had to go home. I guess that it's my new job to keep Doug company till they get their new house and Jenn can take over again :) I'll just demand payment in yummy cakes.

Today the tag-team duo of Yvette & Noel actually managed to synch their fly-by of Acton and find us at home. We had fun watching Garrett do Garretty type stuff for a chunk of the afternoon and then they got the call they'd been waiting for all afternoon. They're moving out my way! Woo!

We went out to Andy's Restaurant for supper and had a celebratory meal. From the sounds of things, you can hunt salamanders while riding wild coyotes through a river at their new place. I can't wait till they move in!

So it seems that soon everyone I know will eventually end up within a 30 minute drive from Acton. I can actually start cleaning off my pool table and setting up a D&D table in the basement :) Let the geekery begin.
---
What I'm Reading: Hex & The City
What I'm Playing: Thief 3 (almost done!), The Suffering
What I'm Watching: Nothing. Absolutely nothing!

No comments: