Thursday, May 19, 2005

Episode 3 blip (aka Just Call Me Stubbs)

I'll write more about Episode 3 and its sheer awesomeness tomorrow when I'm rested (ha) and awake. Suffice it to say, it makes up for the rather lackluster Episode 1 and a half (the second part of Ep. 2 was great).

If Lucas had used the quality of Episode 3 as the benchmark for the series and worked up from there, the first two wouldn't be so reviled (I hope).

But anyway, Episode 3 was great from start to finish. The roasted Ewok scene was hilarious. General Grievous was amazing (as I expected) and they did a good job making Anakin's downfall believable (or at least giving it a rational explanation).

The only really horrid parts were, oh, any time you had Amidala and Anakin alone on the screen and talking. You could have had Pinocchio and Stephen Hawking delivering their declarations of love and devotion with more passion (and less woodeness) than those two. Ug. They do approach something akin to emotion in their final parting scene, but aside from that you should just plug your ears with cotton anytime the two of them are in the same room.

Hmm... I probably don't need to write anymore on this (right now). I'll let everyone go and see it and I'll yammer about it on the weekend or next week. I'm just incredibly pleased with the film... for once...

And any Star Wars film that has me really liking Yoda (who I never really cared for in the first trilogy) is a good Star Wars film. He r0x0r5, as the kids say these days.

Oh, we only had to wait in line for about 2 hours and had seats in the middle of the theatre, 3rd row up on the upper seats, which is a pretty prime location in a theatre with stadium seating. Gooooo us!

No comments: