Monday, May 16, 2005

Return of the beast

I'm not sure if Garrett has a cold of some kind or is cutting his molars (which I think is a definate possibility) but ever since Saturday he's been a downright grump.

The worst thing is that during the day when he gets really grumpy he starts saying, "mum mum mum". Of course, when he's happy he says, "Da da da da daddy". Just goes to show who is the comforter and who is the fun guy :)

He didn't have a good day today either. He's trying to walk and kept bonking his head when his little walker toy would go too fast. Not too hard, thankfully, but enough to give him a scare and elicit a torrent of "Mumumumumumum"'s. His stair climbing is going rather well though. I think he made it up the entire flight in less than a minute.

I just hope he's feeling better tomorrow. I had to take him for a country drive this afternoon since he was crying whenever I'd put him down to play at home. I haven't had to do that since he was colicy back in the early days (or as we call them, 'The Dark Times') of the first month or two.

I did come to the conclusion that the town of Orton doesn't exist. I followed several road signs to it and never actually found it. I found a nice cow pasture though. No Orton.

No comments: