Friday, May 27, 2005

Coolest News of the Day

I was watching Daily Planet tonight and they said something about taking a helicopter flight to the top of the world.

I thought to myself, "Well, they can't mean Everest. Choppers can't get anywhere near the summit."

Then lo and behold, there's footage of a helicopter setting down and taking off from the summit of Everest!

I've got a kind of obsession with all things Everestian for some strange reason, so for me this was a really cool news story.

Of course, halfway through the story I had to go help Julie-The-Sick pin down Garrett-The-Wiggly since her sinus infection has weakened her to such a state that she couldn't hold him still to put his diaper on. Still, it was a neat story.

Speaking of mountaineering, Garrett has mastered the art of climbing down stairs. He spent almost all day today either going up and down our stairs or going up and down the stairs on the plastic elephant slide at the Early Years Centre. I was getting tired just watching him. He, on the other hand, was laughing his fool head off all day. The upside of this is that he was almost unconcious in his highchair just before 8pm :)

No comments: