Monday, May 23, 2005

LOOOONG WEEEEKENNNNND

Granted, every weekend is a long weekend for me, at least for the next 3 weeks.

We went down to Sarnia this weekend to visit the grandparents and give Garrett a chance to climb stairs that weren't in our house. It was a relatively relaxing weekend except that Julie was sick with a cold going down there and I think I got it sometime yesterday. Ah well. It's not that bad. Just a stuffy nose this time around (I hope!)

Anyway, on Saturday I went out golfing with my Mom and Dave. I got a 72 on a 9 hole course. Granted, you have to take into concideration that I only go golfing about once, twice per year, if that. I play more golf on my Nintendo than I do outdoors. I had fun though and it gave me a chance to try out my clubs that I rescued from the junk day garbage pile a few years ago.

Saturday evening saw Dave, Tony and I going out to see Episode 3. Dave must have been out in the sun too long because I had to keep elbowing him to wake him up. He did stay awake after the first half hour, so he didn't miss anything too crucial.

On the way home we had a very odd encounter. Dave's car has a personalized license plate. We were driving Tony home and this big SUV from Michigan pulled up and these teenage girls leaned out and started yelling, "ALFREDO! ALFREDO!" Dave had never had a bunch of girls calling out for his car before. At the next light we looked over at the SUV and this time one of the girls leaned out of the window, yelled, "ALFREDO!" and proceeded to flash us!

We lost them shortly thereafter. Suffice it to say, it was a very memorable drive home :)

Other than that, the weekend was rather calm and nudity free. I'm still sore from my golf game, but that should be remedied by tomorrow after I get a nice sleep in my own bed. I played a bunch of Tales of Symphonia over the weekend and hopefully I'll get that game wrapped up in the next couple of days.

Well, time to go get ready to watch the 2 hour finale of 24!

---
What I'm Reading: The Darkness That Comes Before (I'm finally getting into it), finished reading Artemis Fowl and the Eternity Code over the weekend.
What I'm Playing: Catch up on my RSS feeds for the last 4 days
What I'm Watching: 24, Jeopardy! Tournament of Ultimate Fighters

No comments: