Friday, May 13, 2005

Obey The Hypnoclock!

I got a new clock for my office the other day. It resembles a high tech metronome with about 6-7 little red LED's on the top of the arm. When you turn it on, the arm starts to swing back and forth and when it builds up enough speed, the lights turn on.

It is pretty neat how it is able to have the time moving across it, the date scrolling up and down and little messages appear and disappear. The only thing is that since it is tricking your eye into thinking it's one solid image, the slight flickering when you see it out of the corner of your eye can get distracting. And if you're tired, you'll stare at it for minutes on end... at least, I have been...

I'm calling it the hypnoclock now because I'm sure that once I'm lulled into a state of unconciousness, a secret message will scroll across that will turn me into some kind of killer sleeper agent who will leap into action when a trigger word is spoken.

So be careful. Whatever you say to me might set me off :)

No comments: