Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Sickonauts

I just beat the amazing Psychonauts. Hilarious game just brimming with creativity. Sure, it's a basic platformer at heart but it's the execution that puts it up there with games like Rez and Ico in my collection.

It's sad that a game as good as this was got dropped at least once by a publisher and almost wasn't released. Just goes to show that creativity in games really is no longer rewarded. Sigh.

I've been getting over this death cold/allergies/ebola outbreak that hit me on Thursday and is just now starting to leave. I don't usually suffer from seasonal allergies, but by yesterday I was taking Reactine just to see if it would help. Can't say that it did, but it was worth a try. At least today I don't feel like I have a wad of cotton where my brain usually is. Painful cotton....

One good thing out of this week is that my car officially belongs to me now, instead of the good folks at GMAC. I bought my lease out and now have 4 years of drastically reduced payments compared to when I leased it. Hooray! The best part is that I have a free month since I don't start making loan payments till next week and I paid my last lease payment in April. I don't know why that is, but I'm happy.

I saw Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy last night. It was a fun movie. It's been at least 10 years since I read the books, so I wasn't like the purists who would yell at any slight difference between the books and movie. A lot of it reminded me of the BBC miniseries only with more American accents and fancier special effects. I loved the Slardibartfast sequence. And was it just me, or is the robot standing in line at the Vogon Jail the Marvin the Robot from the BBC series? Looked very familiar, if you ask me. My only complaint about the movie? Not enough Guide sequences. The ones they had were hilarious, but I want more!

That's about it. I have to go paint the baseboards so I can have them installed by the time everyone shows up on Sunday. Sigh. I'd managed to put off that little task for a year. Serves me right.

Oh, and I realized I'd been dilinquent with putting up baby pictures for those of you who actually like to visit the site to see them, so enjoy the batch below!

---
What I'm Reading: Artemis Fowl and the Eternity Code
What I'm Playing: Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, Splinter Cell 3, WoW and Guild Wars
What I'm Watching: Doctor Who, H2G2 movie, new episode of Lost tonight.

No comments: