Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Ultimate Spiggy Man

I heard a bit about the upcoming Ultimate Spiderman game around the time of E3 but hadn't checked it out till now.

Oh man!

The various Ultimate graphic novels have been among the many titles I've read while I've been on leave. The art style for Ultimate Spiderman, especially, is excellent. I also like how all of the books have essentially rebuilt their respective franchises in a modern setting. Some of the storylines are the same as the canon, but a lot of the details have changed (and in the case of Ultimate X-Men, a LOT is different).

That said, check out the website for the Ultimate Spiderman game and watch the trailer. The graphics look awesome. It's this kind of advanced cel-shading technology that really works as a translation of comic book to moving image. I'm a sucker for cel-shading though, so just seeing it done this well and in this setting makes me happy.

Time to go read the Louis Riel graphic novel. Who knew Canadian history was so interesting? And that Sir John A. had such a big nose.

---
What I'm Reading: Darkness That Comes Before, Louis Riel: The Graphic Novel
What I'm Playing: Tales of Symphonia, Guild Wars, Thief 3
What I'm Watching: The Future Is Wild, the Lost season finale (I hope)

No comments: