Wednesday, May 04, 2005

JUST SHUT UP!!!

I'm not sure if anyone else saw this the other day.

Lucas predicts Episode 3 will bomb.

This is just further proof that Lucas is officially insane. Why he's coming out now, 2-3 weeks before the movie is released and after the big merchandising push has started and is predicting box office doom, I have no idea.

And if he really feels this way, maybe he should have let someone else direct the first two episodes of the prequels so that they wouldn't have sucked so bad. From what I hear, Episode 3 IS a good Star Wars movie. This is from my buddy Darren who not only is a bigger Star Wars geek than I am, but also attended Celebration 3 last week. I've got my tickets. Whether I'll see it 2-3 times in theatres this time around or just the once, I have no idea, but I'm still being cautiously optimistic about it.

Sigh. Lucas just needs to retire to his ranch and roll around in his piles of money and not touch a camera for a long time. It's so wierd to have equal parts admiration and loathing for the same guy.

No comments: