Monday, May 23, 2005

A fun new game!

I saw this on Evil Avatar and thought that they said it better than I could. I'll say something anyway.

Bunch of dorks... I don't mind restricting the selling of games to minors, so long as adults can still buy them. Imagine if they made it so that the only movies that could be made were rated PG or G? The uproar would be insane. I think it's the blanket statement below that games are neither art nor media (which in itself is a stupid statement, as the senator obviously doesn't understand the definition of media) and are only sims that bugs me the most. What kind of sim is a Pac-Man game? Is Donkey Kong a barrel jumping sim? Will my skills in Katamari Damacy aid me in rolling up a giant snowball next time it snows? Sigh.

Here it is.

Illinois Senate Give Thumbs Up to Video Game Restrictions
------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a fun game. Read this story on Yahoo! News:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050520..._te/video_games

...and count how many times you want to punch stuff.

Here's my personal favorite from the article:

The sponsor, Sen. Deanna Demuzio, denied the measure would interfere with free speech rights.

"Video games are not art or media," she said. "They are simulations, not all that different from the simulations used by the U.S. military in preparation for war."

Absolutely brilliant.

No comments: