Friday, May 13, 2005

Dedication

Yeesh! It's Friday and I haven't posted anything about our insane weekend last week.

Last week Julie & I were in a frenzy of home repair and cleaning the likes of which haven't been seen since shortly before Garrett was born. Why? We were having Garrett dedicated at church on Sunday and having a big Mother's Day BBQ at our place shortly afterwards.

CRAZY!

We had about 26 people at our house last week for the BBQ and amazingly, it went off without a hitch (well, aside from everyone getting back to our place before we did, but I do have responsibilities at church!)

I guess the best thing was that having so many people over got us into cleaning overdrive. We got rid of several piles of clutter that had just grown over the last couple years. We also rearranged our living room a bit and now it looks huge. We had been thinking of getting rid of the non-leather couch for most of the winter, but now that we have moved the chair into the corner, the couch doesn't look so bad. I also got the baseboards installed and learned how my router works (I think I posted something about that, but I forget right now).

I also got to rebuild my BBQ. I was cleaning the rust off the burner at around 6pm on Saturday night and it turned out that the burner WAS rust. I was poking giant holes in it. I had to zip down to Canadian Tire and scour the BBQ section for the proper burner. Thankfully the one I got was a perfect fit and with the new grill and bricks installed, my BBQ could handle the insanity of the Sunday afternoon grill-fest.

The only downside of the weekend was that I cooked up two boxes of M&M's Oktoberfest sausages and I think 4 people had sausages that day. That meant that from Monday till today we've been having various sausage related foods. Plain sausages, sausages and rice, potato and sausage soup... the only thing I didn't try to make was my famous sausage layer cake with mustard icing.

Thanks to all and sundry who came out for Garrett's special day and for all the moms who had lunch at our place!

We didn't really get any pictures on our camera though, so we're waiting for the people who took pictures to send us some *hint hint*

No comments: