Friday, May 06, 2005

Brock 1: SpinSaw 0

After owning it for over a year, I finally put my snazzy SpinSaw gizmo to use today. I was trying to figure out how to get the baseboards bevelled for the corner bits. Sadly, I don't own a mitre saw and I was bound and determined to do this with the tools I had available.

Well, suffice it to say that after a good hour or so of fiddling around with the spinsaw and trying out different attachments, I finally figured out how to get the router attachment to work properly. Soon I was carving intricate traceries and inhaling copious amounts of MDF dust. But I got my baseboards cut and fitted perfectly, which brought a smile to all and sundry.

Speaking of mastering things that I've had lying around for a while, I finally finished Mark of Kri today. I've had it for at least two years and was stuck on the second last level for so long it's not funny. The sad thing is that I restarted the game and got back to that spot after a whole day of playing and proceeded to waltz through the last two levels after that. I have no idea why I thought that area was so hard (though Grant found the same thing when he tried it).

Ah well. Gorgeous game and an awesome melding of 2D animation and 3D gameplay to tell a cool little story. I just started Rise of the Kasai (the sequel) and it is absolutely breathtaking, animation-wise.

---
What I'm Reading: Artemis Fowl & The Arctic Incident, The Tale Of One Bad Rat
What I'm Playing: Rise of the Kasai, Guild Wars, WoW
What I'm Watching: The Forgotten, The Corporation, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

No comments: