Friday, June 04, 2004

Voting Conundrum

Speaking of the upcoming election, I'm having a bit of a quandry.

On the one hand, I know without a doubt which party I want to vote for, based on the leaders and their overall platforms.

However... on a more local level, I like the candidate of a different party and would like to vote for him. I know nothing about the candidate of my party of choice.

So I'm torn. Do I vote for the party and the leaders, or do I vote for the guy who is running for the party I don't particularily like but who I personally would like to vote for?

I always hear how people really should vote for their local representatives as opposed to just picking whomever and voting based on the leaders alone, but what happens when you're in my position and are so torn? ARG!

No comments: