Sunday, June 20, 2004

Everyone else on the net is talking about it, so I might as well join in.

The big news around the net these days seems to be all about the recent merger of TechTV, every geek's beloved digital station, and G4, the all-videogame network.

Now when I first heard about this, I thought it wasn't necessarily a bad idea. However, I didn't realize that they were actually going to merge the two like they did. I thought it would mainly be a sort of hybrid thing where both networks would continue running and the quality of Tech TV would leech over to G4 and make it good and the game aspects of G4 would creep into Tech TV a bit more.

From the reaction I've seen all over the net though, it's not a good thing. It's more like G4 just bought out Tech TV and replaced everything with crap.

GRANTED, I don't have digital cable or satellite and I have yet to speak with either my father-in-law OR Tony, both my main digital cable guys and Tech TV devotees, but I don't think I'll get a favourable reaction.

I liked watching Tech TV when I would visit my in-laws and I was really impressed with their X-Play game show (second best game-related TV-show aside from Electric Playground/Reviews On The Run) and their award show, unlike Spike TV's farce, actually made sense.

But I digress... like that never happens on this blog...

No comments: