Saturday, June 05, 2004

I [heart] Books

James, Julie & I went out to the annual Acton Library Book Sale today. I ended up with 11 new books for a grand total of $5.50.

Gotta love that.

We also went to the Trunk Sale, which is in a new spot this year. I think it's in a better spot now as it's a) closer to our house and b) more open. I don't know what it is, but having it in the Olde Hide House parking lot just makes it better now.

And I got to have my first ChowDown of the year. The ChowDown is an egg, a slice of peameal bacon and cheese topped with fried onions and served on a kaiser. If you ever do find yourself at the Acton Trunk Sale, make sure you get one. I get one every weekend that I make it there, and the people who run the little booth are a hoot. They have probably made Julie & I feel more welcome here in Acton than anyone who isn't our direct neighbour.

On the way home, we stopped at what was supposed to be the local condo board garage sale but turned out to be one family selling all their VHS movies. James got the 5 Kevin Smith movies (Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma and Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back) for $20.

I lucked out and got the original Star Wars trilogy deluxe box set, letterboxed and with accompanying book. AND NOT SPECIAL EDITION!!

I figure that since Lucas seems bound and determined to ensure that the original trilogy in its original format never sees the light of day on DVD, it was up to me to get the original format while I still could. Not to mention that the whole set was $20. Not too shabby.

No comments: