Sunday, June 06, 2004

I've got Riddicks...

On Friday I traded in a bunch of old games and picked up the fantastic Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. I only got a brief chance to try it out on Friday night, but the 10 minutes we spent playing was very cool. It's too bad they couldn't have done as good a job on the Matrix game as they did on this one. I am a big Pitch Black fan though, so I'm not complaining... It's not like they squandered an excellent game on a bad license.

I totally agree with the online reviews, at least as far as it being an absolutely gorgeous game. The ingame version of Vin Diesel is scarily photorealistic. They've also got a LOT of good voice talents involved. I mean, they have Ron Perlman, and he's not even in the new Riddick movie!!!

Oh, I also went out to see Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban on Friday. I really liked it. It's got a new director and so it really does feel different from the first two, but it's all good. I like the darker tone of the movie as it really fits the book, though I'm sure some parents who like taking their little 6 year old may not like it.

The Dementors were phenomenal though. I loved 'em.

No comments: