Friday, June 18, 2004

Giant Robots R Kool

The reason I was puttering around backroads today and coming to grips with my mental illness was that I had zoomed out to Guelph.

Why?

To pick up my copy of Front Mission 4 at EB, where they'd come about THIS close to blocking my phone number as I have spent the last 4 days calling them incessantly to see if FM4 had arrived.

Thankfully it was actually in today and I now have a great turn-based strategy game with huge mechs blasting each other to pieces to play tonight and tomorrow. Woo! And like Gabe said in his newspost on Wednesday, the reviewers don't know anything:

"Had I just read the reviews of Front Mission 4 and not actually played the demo I might not go buy it today. Thankfully I did play the demo and I know that the reviewers are [stupid]. I just want to make sure that others aren't steered away from the game by misleading reviews. If you're still hesitant at least rent it and check it out."

I too played the demo and loved it (that, and I loved Front Mission 3 and this seemed like it was a nicely improved version of FM3) so it was nice to see that Gabe refuted the reviewers.

Tomorrow (today? Friday...) is Julie's final day at work before going on pregnancy/maternity leave. I'd better enjoy my final day of having the house to myself for quite some time! Now if only the weather cooperates and the pea-soup fog that has settled in around the area keeps up... or at least that it doesn't decide to clear up and be nice and sunny as it seems to always do on Fridays. I need a nice cloudy day for gaming on Friday!

No comments: