Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Dinner at the top of the center of the world

Tonight was Julie's work's 20th anniversary and they took the whole company and spouses out to the 360 Restaurant at the top of the CN tower for dinner.

Mmm...

Julie had never been up the CN Tower before. I had gone last year and was able to show her around. Not that it's that confusing. The nice thing about this time as opposed to last summer was that there weren't very many people there tonight which meant that we could actually see (and walk on) the Glass Floor and also not feel like total tourists. Having the whole bar to ourselves (and 90 other employees) was nice too.

Dinner was absolutely delicious. I actually ate a good number of vegetarian quesadillas and veggie egg rolls during the hor d'ouevres section of the night, much to Julie's amazement. I even ate a bit of lettuce in my salad.

We had a delicious maple-glazed chicken with some fantastic mustard and garlic mashed potatoes. Thankfully there was just enough room in my tummy for dessert, which was this tower of dark chocolate mousse in a crunchy chocolate shell.

Of course, the best part of the evening was the view. It was a beautiful sunny evening when we went up the tower at 6pm and the sunset was absolutely breathtaking. Seeing the city light up for the night was just delightful. I'd wanted to see that from the top of the CN Tower ever since I went up last year and it was just dandy.

Garrett stayed at our friend's place for the evening. We thought we'd be back by 8:30 to get him, but we didn't even leave downtown till just after 10pm. Ah well. He was sound asleep when we got to Mississauga to get him and went right to bed after we got home.

Actually, that was another cute story. Garrett & I got home a bit before Julie did and the spring peepers were going crazy out in the swamp. Garrett's usually asleep before they start their racket, so we walked over to the edge of the driveway to have a listen. He had the biggest grin on his face as he kept looking into the darkness that was making so much noise. Ah, there's hope for him yet!

In all, it was a wonderful evening that I wish we could do more often. Alas, we haven't won the lottery yet, so I guess we'll just have to wait for another 20 years when Julie's work has its 40th anniversary :)

---
What I'm Reading: Hex & The City (almost done), Ebberon sourcebook
What I'm Playing: Guild Wars, The Suffering
What I'm Watching: Everyone get mad at me after they read the next post.

No comments: