Thursday, June 30, 2005

New Job for the Brockster

I've been sitting on this powderkeg for the last week or so and can finally spill the beans, to mix a metaphor.

Today was my last day at the illustrious Peel 1 house where I've worked for the last 5+ years. I've loved working at the house and part of me really wishes I could stay. However, 5 years doing the exact same job in the exact same house with the exact same people does turn the brain to mush after a little while. I'm really going to miss the guys at the house though. They made my job as challenging as it was but also made it as fun as it was and were really the only things keeping me as attached to the house as I was. If it weren't for the lot of them being such awesome guys, I would probably have left ages ago.

So, what am I doing instead of working at Peel 1, you ask? Still working for CH, at least for the near future. I am going to be working at a new house that is less than 5 minutes from my house and has a bunch of awesome NEW guys to look after. That, and the house is desperate for experienced staff and pretty much begged me to go there. But in all honesty, the 5 minute commute is what sealed the deal. The best thing about all of this is that I will finally have an alternating evening/day schedule so I can do stuff in the evenings. I'm already getting up by about 7am anyway, so doing a 7-3 shift shouldn't be too difficult and I'll actually see my family every so often instead of on alternating weekends :)

The best thing is that as of this evening, I no longer have to commute to the festering cesspool known as Brampton. Make that, I no longer have to do a 30 minute commute to the festering cesspool known as Brampton. While I was on my parental leave, I wanted to go visit the guys but just driving into the outskirts of that vortex of doom made my skin crawl. I don't mind going in there to visit, but I swear my blood pressure spikes as soon as I pass the Georgetown/Brampton border and have to make my way through suburban hell.

Did I mention I hate subdivisions? But that's for another, longer, more vitriolic rant.

Anyway, that's my big news. The worst thing over the last week and a half was having to hear from all of the parents and the guys, etc. that they were so happy that I was back at work. All the while I knew that I was going to be transferring out in the not too distant future. I just didn't expect that future to be so soon!

---
What I'm Reading: Brilliance Of The Moon, hopefully will start Illium on the weekend.
What I'm Playing: Fire Emblem, Atelier Iris, Destroy All Humans
What I'm Watching: Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

No comments: