Saturday, June 18, 2005

There's a 6:30am?

I woke up on the couch this morning at around 6:30 or so. I keep falling asleep there after work. Not good!

Anyway, I was going to just go up to bed but I was spotted on the way past Garrett's room. Julie was up too and none of us ended up going back to bed.

This meant that we could go and hit all the garage sales! Unfortunately, most of them were more along the lines of garbage sales. Sigh.

We did find a few neat things though. I picked up a copy of Kid Icarus for $3 at the Trunk Sale. There's this guy selling NES games for $9 which is absolutely ridiculous. He did slash his prices to a low, low $8, but that's still not worth it. $3 for an NES game is just right.

And Kid Icarus has one of the coolest villians of all videogame history. That's right, I'm talking about The Eggplant Wizard. I think I'll blame my hatred of all things photosynthetic on him. Mom was right! Videogames did mess up my mind!



The other thing we picked up is a board game called UpWords. It's made by the Scrabble people and it's essentially 3D Scrabble. You can stack letters on top of other letters to change the words. I think some of my friends are coming by tonight and we're going to try it out. It was only $2 for it. Ah, the joys of haggling.



It was wierd to be back home by 10am after walking all over town and hitting every garage sale around. Garrett's passed out now, so I'm going to go play some WoW or something.

---
What I'm Reading: Brilliance Of The Moon, Eberron Source Book
What I'm Playing: The Punisher, WoW
What I'm Watching: Batman Begins, The trailer for Serenity on the big screen (mmm...)

No comments: