Monday, June 13, 2005

First Day Blues

Well, I survived my first day back at work.

It was pretty sweet, actually. The guys had decorated the place with balloons and 'Welcome Home' banners and even got me a yummy Oreo cake! It was a treat to see all the guys again.

It felt like I hadn't been gone a day. Hmm... I don't think that's a good thing. I think I'll go cry now :)

Ah well. By the end of the shift I'd stopped feeling sorry for myself that I wasn't on leave anymore and was starting to get into the swing of things again. Give me a couple more days and I'll be right as rain.

Now the big test comes tomorrow as that's the first day that Garrett will be at the daycare lady's house by himself with no Mommy or Daddy around. He's had a bit of a fever since Saturday but his temperature seems to have come down during the day today, so we'll see how he is in the morning.

I just wish we had a breeze of some kind to get the air upstairs here moving. The main floor is nice and cool with the AC on but upstairs it's really hot. Ah well.

---
What I'm Reading: Box Office Poison
What I'm Playing: Count the litres of fluid sweated out by the average human in 30 degree weather.
What I'm Watching: Whole lotta nothin'

No comments: