Monday, June 06, 2005

I don't know when to fold them.

Yesterday was my first crack at playing some Texas Hold'em poker with the illustrious Touring Poker Tour of Poker over at the Garagio in Kitchener.

I think that the upside of the whole thing is that I wasn't out last and I didn't rebuy at all. The downside was that I was 3rd out. Ah well. It was a lot of fun regardless.

Texas Hold'em is definately the most fun variation of poker that I've played. It took me a few hands to get a firm idea as to what the heck was going on but once I figured it out, it was a hoot. My only problem, aside from just sucking in general, is that I tend to resist the urge to fold even if my cards are horrible. By the end of the night I'd learned that folding isn't for wimps. If only I'd done that earlier in the day!

---
What I'm Reading: Chill Factor
What I'm Playing: Guild Wars, Find the best interest rate, The Suffering
What I'm Watching: The Blues Brothers, the rain not fall, humidity soar

No comments: