Saturday, June 11, 2005

All Good Things...

Well, as they say in Star Trek: The Next Generation, "All good things..."

I'm not sure what all good things do, because they never finish the line.

Anyway, today is my final full day of parental leave. Tomorrow I get sucked back into what some call, "Real Life", as I will be doing the 3-11 shift at ye olde group home. I was kind of annoyed to have to start back to work on a Sunday. Now that I think about it, Sunday is great because it's pretty quiet around the house and that should give me time to get caught up on everything that's happened while I've been away.

I don't really want to go back to work, but part of me is looking forward to it. I've pretty much done all the lounging about that I can do and Garrett is wearing me out with all the chasing around I have to do during the day. I'll still be pretty busy but I've gotten used to getting up relatively early, so I should be able to transition back and not explode.

Ah well. I just wish my final week off hadn't been full of a heat wave and miscellaneous illnesses. At least Doug came by today and helped me get the air conditioner installed! Hooray for AC!

---
What I'm Reading: Ghost Liners, Eberron Sourcebook
What I'm Playing: Haunting Ground, not much else
What I'm Watching: Supersize Me, The Seduction Of Doctor Lewis

No comments: