Wednesday, June 22, 2005

It's like they read my mind...

Just this past week I was complaining to all and sundry that our local MPP, who happens to be a member of the provicial Tories, is really getting on my nerves.

Why?

Every week our local paper has columns set aside for both the MP and MPP to write about things in the region and to comment on parliamentary proceedings. Our MP, who is also a Conservative, usually writes a good column that I don't mind reading.

Our MPP, on the other hand, has spent each and every column inch provided to him since the defeat of the provincial Tories whining and complaining about how horrible the Liberals are and basically rants about everything under the sun.

Now, this is fine if you're a humble blog writer who is practicing his curmudgeon skills so that he will be able to hold his own when he retires in, say, 35-40 years.

This behaviour isn't fine when you're a duly elected representative of your constituents and all you do is rant and rave like the crazy man on The Simpsons. I also have a hard time taking the guy seriously when he and his party were in power for the better part of 8 years and caused half of the problems that he is now complaining about. The guy seems on the verge of blaming the fact that it gets dark at night on the Liberals and their broken promises. Seriously, that's how much credibility this guy has, at least with me.

And while Julie and one or two helpless bystanders have heard me prattle on about this, it seems that I am not alone. Just today, in the venerable Independent & Free Press, some brave soul took our MP to task for his 'negative and bile-ridden column'.

I feel vindicated now. I'm no longer the lone voice, yammering in the wilderness. Now there's two of us!

No comments: