Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Sysops of the World, UNITE!

Ok. I have a tech problem here that I need solved, if only to get the guy who continues to pester me week after week about it off my back.

Here it is. I'm not 100% sure what to do, since I NEVER use the My Network Places bit in Windows. I just use my CuteFTP to hook up to whatever I need to upload stuff to.

If anyone can help me out, I'll let you play my Xbox for free :)

---
"I usually upload my files to our ISP server after creating a "My Network Place" on my computer. I just have to copy and paste the files. But, for some reasons, after my last bout with my computer breakdown, I'm on longer able to create a network place any longer. I have no problem creating a network place on other computers, just my own computer, after having reload the Windows XP professional two weeks ago. I tried many ways, I'm just unable to connect to my server. I even have my son-in-law, whose pretty proficient in computer without any success. I have absolutely no means to upload any files to my server nowadays, I just can't connect to their server and access our folder, not even with FTP. I called my ISP, and they couldn't help me, because they have determined that the problem is with my computer only.

I looked up the Knowledge Base of Microsoft, and I did find something very similar to my situation. It's called "Unable to Add a Web Folder to the My Network Places Folder", and you can look it up at:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;269681."

---

So, does that make any sense? Let me know what the heck I can tell this guy to do!

---
What I'm Reading: Codex
What I'm Playing: Cold Fear (gotta love these games that take me all of 3 days to beat)
What I'm Watching: The servers be down on WoW while they finally implement the patch they've been talking about for the last 3 weeks.

No comments: