Saturday, March 26, 2005

Bwhah?

I was reading this little article on Sympatico as I was checking my e-mail from the in-laws and there was a line that said it'd be worth the drive to Acton to get a PSP.

Then I noticed that the second headline for the piece was "The PSP is so popular it might just be worth the drive to Acton?"

Now, I want to know how to get this guy's job. Not only is that sentence horrible (it should be "Is the PSP so popular blah blah blah?" or else it should be ended with a period, not a question mark), if you read the article, he states that the top 5 launch games for the PSP are Games 1, 2, 3 and 4. He doesn't actually list the fifth game, or mention a fifth game anywhere except with regards to the Wayne Gretzky Hockey game that was part of the bundle.

I didn't know about how Loblaws of all places had 10% of the launch systems and Walmart had 20%, leaving the EB pre-orders high & dry. I know I'd be right pissed if I had paid off a system at EB and was told at the last minute that I'd either have to fork over another $50 for the Gretzky bundle or else not get one right away because Loblaws had taken the shipment bound for my EB. Luckily I didn't so I'm not.

This system is evil though. The more I enumerate the reasons why I don't want one and that it would be a good idea to wait or even just let it go by, the more I find myself doing mental calculations as to the amount of trade-ins I'd have to bring to EB to get enough credit for one... Sigh. I COULD get one with my Income Tax refund, but Julie's already ixnayed that idea and that's one of the times I'm not going to push my luck :P

No comments: