Saturday, March 26, 2005

Robots!

Go see the movie Robots!

We went out last night to see it and it was fantastic. The animation is gorgeous and I really liked the sort of retro feel to the technology (lots of springs and gears and such rather than gleaming chrome and microchips).

I went into it hoping it would look good and dreading that it would be the "FAMILY IS GOOD" preachy-fest that Ice Age was. Boy, was I wrong. It was loaded with probably more pop-culture references than Shrek, but I felt that it actually worked a lot better in this setting than the fantasy setting of Shrek. It was absolutely hilarous right from the beginning. I liked the volume control on the baby robot... that'd be nice to have!

So, go see it. It's worth seeing on the big screen and you'll be laughing a bunch. We enjoyed it, and that's with having the kid behind us narrating half the movie, which is usually a trigger for Tony and his homicidal rages.

No comments: