Tuesday, March 01, 2005

I could kill a man using only my pinky and a jar of Nutella

Today I took the first step to balancing out my World of Warcraft addiction with something helpful. I went to my first Karate class. Well, it was more of an orientation thing tonight. I called into one of the two local dojos last week when I got a flyer in the mail and it turns out I got myself a free month of training.

I've wanted to go out for Karate lessons since we moved here but I've never had weekday evenings free, so I'm going to take advantage of my free month and see how it goes. It's interesting how it's a lot like CPI mixed with my old swim team warm-up routine. Granted, I just got a few very basic training exercises to work on for the week, but when I go in next week I'll either be in a lot more pain or maybe a bit more limber.

The Sensei (I know that's not his real title... it's Sanshan or something like that) is also an Army officer. He's not very tall, but man, he's fast and not someone I want to get mad :)

Now to get my Eyetoy hooked back up and do my Groove training too.

---
What I'm Reading: Grass For His Pillow, The Ultimate series of Marvel graphic novels
What I'm Playing: WoW, Jak 2
What I'm Watching: The bubbles in my cappucino pop.

No comments: