Friday, February 04, 2005

ROAR!

I just finished Resident Evil 4. Fantastic game. I clocked in just shy of 20 hours. Just read any of the online comics or the reviews and you'll get a good feel for just how good the game is. I can't really say much more than what they already have.

Suffice it to say, if the Resident Evil series continues to be as good as this one was, I'd actually be excited to play more of them. I've never been a huge RE fan, though I do have 4 of the games (RE2, RE1 (remake), RE Zero and RE4), so it's not like I HATE the series. It's just that compared to, say, Silent Hill, it's rather juvenile and dull.

Until this iteration. RE4 completely broke the mould and was not only one of the best play experiences I've had in quite some time, it was also extremely gorgeous.

The thing that the RE series has going for it is the backstory. It's grounded more in pseudo-science than it is in incantations and magic. RE4 made a clean break with the zombies but still kept it grounded in quasi-realism.

Now, on to my world changing adventures in Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, the game that starts when the world ends...

---
What I'm Reading: The last couple pages of Across The Nightingale Floor
What I'm Playing: RE4 (FINISHED!), SMT: Nocturne, The Monitor Refresh Rate Game
What I'm Watching: Garrett's nose ooze lots of goo.

No comments: