Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The continuing saga of Brock and his Monitor

Well, I couldn't fix my 21" monitor so I took it back and thankfully had little difficulty getting my money back. Even the guys at the store where I bought it were surprised at how bad the burn-in was after they tested it.

So I went to the local computer store and now have a 19" CRT flat-screen monitor on its way here tomorrow. The nice thing is that it's brand new, so I won't have to worry about something wonky going on because it's used.

Unfortunately, I have to use my old monitor for another day. Yuck. Just going back from the 21" to the 17" was a bit of a step, but I can handle it. Having to try to squint to make out the words on the screen isn't fun. I didn't realize this monitor was as bad as it was till now. Yuck!

I also picked up a USB hub so I can have my digital camera and MP3 cables plugged in at the same time. I also picked up a funky new LED mousepad. Garrett loves it. He keeps trying to grab the colours :) Plus I think it looks pretty cool. I'm just debating whether or not to put my old mousepad on top so I'll still have the wrist support or not.
---
What I'm Reading: Not much. I want to read, but I've been too busy fighting with my computer and playing WoW.
What I'm Playing: WoW, Jak 2, Zelda: Minish Cap
What I'm Watching: Battlestar Galactica, my eyes going fuzzy from this crappy monitor.

No comments: