Thursday, September 09, 2004

Stupid TD

I was out this afternoon in Guelph with the Garrett-meister and one of my errands was to go to TD and deposit a benefits cheque and get the money for Julie.

Sure, no prob. That'd be a cinch.

I wish.

I decided that I'd use the drive-through banking as that would negate my having to get the car seat out of the car while I was using the bank machine.

I get up to the machine, put in my card, punch in my PIN, select DEPOSIT from the menu and wait for the envelope sucker to open up so I can insert the cheque.

The sucker opens up and I put the envelope with my cheque in. So far, so good.

Except the sucker doesn't close. Not right away, not after 2-3 minutes. I'm starting to get worried here as the screen still has the instructions for inserting my envelope up on the screen and I can't see anything but whirring machinery deep in the bowels of the bank machine. No cheque in sight.

Shortly thereafter, and with a huge line-up of cars behind me now, the little door closes and TRANSACTION CANCELLED appears on the screen.

I was not happy.

After retrieving my card and pulling into a parking spot and waiting for the rage to subside, I then took Garrett out (the very thing I had used the drive-through to avoid doing) and went inside. Thankfully there wasn't a line and the tellers were very helpful, but they couldn't really do anything for me.

It turns out that I have to wait for the company who sorts out the deposits from the machine to come in tonight, empty the machine, find that my cheque hadn't been properly processed, process the cheque for me and then finally deposit the money into my account for me.

Hopefully it'll be something that'll take care of itself in a day or so, but they did tell me that if the cheque hadn't been processed by Tuesday then I have to go all the way back to Guelph and they'll start a trace on the cheque. Sigh.

I should have just gone in the bank in the first place.

Of course, Julie isn't terribly happy because I was supposed to give her the $180 for the shots Garrett had a little while ago and that's what the cheque was for. Now we have to wait a little longer... sigh.

No comments: