Sunday, September 12, 2004

Burnout Me

I had one of those mornings that I would have just gone back to bed had I known what was going to happen.

I went into church early since I was doing the multimedia. Once we got everything set up, I went to the nursery to visit Julie as she was feeding Garrett. Now, just to set the scene, the nursery is in the Grade 8 classroom where our church holds the Sunday services.

I put my coffee on the desk and was getting out a diaper for Julie when I tapped this green binder thing that was standing on the desk. Of course, it had to fall and knock over my coffee, which went all over the teacher's desk and the floor. Luckily it just got on a couple papers and I cleaned it up right away, but Julie's purse now has a nice coffee aroma.

I quickly made my way back to the gym where I could be safe from coffee spills on desks. I decided to get myself another cup of coffee from the coffee urn and while doing so, managed to touch the metal of the urn with my finger.

This caused me to yank my hand back which sent my cup of steaming coffee all over my hand, further burning it and making yet another mess.

After this, I decided to stick to cold water for the rest of the morning.

To top off the rest of my morning, it was a multimedia nightmare during the service and I just wanted to run screaming out to the car and not look back.

Thankfully the rest of my day went rather well. Julie & I finished watching the rest of Angel and the first two episodes of Medical Investigation (which could be good if they spice up the formula for the episodes a bit) and had a yummy pork roast for dinner.

Garrett decided to try to roll over and is able to get on his side but then seems to get confused about what to do next. He has perfected his projectile spit-up though. He used Julie for a target... both times :)

No comments: