Sunday, September 19, 2004

Piece of crap...

Well, it turns out that my spiffy new EXPENSIVE headphones suck.

I had high hopes for them yesterday, but my hackles started to rise a bit when I was having trouble getting good reception from all of 3 feet away! Then there was the matter of the transmitter not automatically turning itself on when there was music or other noises.

That wasn't too bad though. I figured I'd give them a try till tonight and see if these were just minor quibbles. As far as the reception went, it was just a matter of fiddling with the tuning dials on the transmitter and the headphones. Of course, having to do this EVERY TIME I USED THEM didn't make me especially happy.

Then there was the transmitter. I figured I'd sorted that out by just cranking the speaker volume in Windows. That seemed to make the auto-on function work.

It was the auto-off function that I wasn't counting on. I was sitting there, watching a video I'd downloaded and all of the sudden, no sound. And nothing I was doing seemed to make it turn back on again.

I'm not sure if it's the whole set themselves or if it was just a buggered transmitter. But that experiment is now over.

Grr...

Anyway, I'm back to my old set of headphones. I'm going to go back to the store tomorrow and probably get a nice CORDED pair of headphones. So help me if they give me a hassle about getting my money back. I did like the whole cordless aspect of the thing, but I can live without it if need be. I'm definately not going to be shelling out another $60 or so to get the RCA set, that's for sure.

No comments: