Thursday, September 23, 2004

Katamari Damacy

KD has been one of those games I've been looking forward to for a looong time, ever since I saw it previewed as one of those wacky Japanese games that will NEVER see the light of day over here.

Thankfully the powers that be prevailed and it has seen the light of day over here. You can check out the reviews if you're curious, but I particularly liked the IGN one (and that's saying something since their reviews are almost invariably long-winded and pointless... much like this blog!)

I also liked the quote from Eurogamer that really sums up Katamari Damacy in a nutshell.

"...what sums Katamari Damacy's appeal up for me is the sense of unbridled joy bursting from every pore. It's the happiest game I've ever played, and the happiness is infectious."

I only played a few levels last night before watching Lost and CSI:NY, but those levels already had me rolling over crabs, cats and a whole flock of birds. I can't wait till I'm chasing down cows and gas station attendants with my big sticky ball of stuff.

Oh, and Katamari Damacy has THE best box art I've seen in ages. I want to get it framed.

No comments: