Friday, September 10, 2004

Penny Arcade Multiplies

Well I'll be.

It looks like Gabe's wife over at Penny Arcade finally had her baby. The scary thing is that they actually named the baby Gabriel.

You can see pictures and a little write-up by Tycho here.

I find it pretty funny that the birth happened on the same day as the 5th anniversary of the North American launch of the Dreamcast.

I love Tycho's whole view on pregnancy and birth.

"...any idiot is capable of this feat, and that - in actual point of fact - idiots engage in this kind of thing more than anyone else, which is why it can be so hard to get a decent cappuccino."

I also like that now that he's actually been there to see his best friend's wife have a baby that he's changed his tune somewhat.

"...recognize that the significance of an event isn't necessarily diluted by its frequency. Consider that we might live absolutely encompassed by marvels and wonders."

Of course, my favourite bit is that they brought an Xbox AND PS2 to the waiting room and sat around playing Burnout 3 all evening while waiting for the baby to arrive :)

"We played Burnout 3 from eleven in the afternoon until nine o'clock at night, intermittently comforting Gabe and being horrified at the workings of feminine machinery."

And people were saying I was bad for having a GBA in my bag for the hospital.

No comments: