Tuesday, January 01, 2008

My New Year's Resolution? 1280 x 1024

Did everyone have a good New Year's Eve? We didn't do much besides watching a movie and the Air Farce NYE special.

Did anyone happen to watch the Dick Clark special? We only tuned in for the last minute or so before the ball dropped but we could barely watch that. I feel so bad for Dick. It was just painful to watch him slurring his words and generally just looking OLD, unlike the ever-youthful robot that he appeared to be in years past. It was like he'd just started to open the Ark Of The Covenant but stopped himself.


Artist's Rendering Of Dick Clark Last Night


Yeah, I know he had a stroke a couple years ago but it was still really hard to watch him last night.

ANYWAY, speaking of resolutions, I'm actually trying to make some that I can stick to.

In no particular order, I'm going to do the following this year:

- Start swimming regularly (Julie's signing me up for the lane swim at the local pool on Thursday nights).

- Play through a lot of the backlog of games that I own instead of buying every shiny new trinket that comes down the pike.

- Read more (non-comic) books.

- Write more and hopefully get something finished by next Christmas so I can get it self-published and give it away as gifts.

- Cut waaaay back on the sweets that I eat. After the current batch of Christmas candy is gone, I want to eat healthy snacks like pretzels and raisins.

- Just eat and live a lot healthier than I have for the past, oh, 10 years.

- Beat Final Fantasy Tactics.

No comments: