Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hooray For Guarantees!

Turns out that my alternator is fine. My battery, on the other hand, was basically toast.

Thankfully I'd just had it replaced a year and a half ago and it was still under the guarantee so I just had to pay the cost of the diagnostic. Woo!

Of course, my luck couldn't have held out. While I was killing time at Canadian Tire, I picked up some swim goggles for myself and Garrett. When I got home and was about to head out to the pool with Garrett, I found out that my goggles were not new goggles at all.

THEY WERE USED! Or at least opened.

There were fingerprints on the lenses and the strap was broken. So after we swam, we went BACK down to Milton and visited Canadian Tire for the 3rd time today. Sigh. I got some funky new goggles that have holographic eyes on the lenses... what can I say? They were the only kind that were the same price as the broken ones.

At least now everything seems to be working fine with my car and I don't have to spend tomorrow walking around town with Kara!

No comments: