Sunday, January 06, 2008

R.I.P. Guitar Hero

I was able to rent a copy of Rock Band last night and I have to say that I am completely blown away. It's Guitar Hero 3's superior in almost every manner possible. Rather than be a rehash of the same game with a slightly shinier package with annoying note placement, Rock Band just oozes that special Harmonix charm and attention to... fun that Guitar Hero 3 lacks.

All I know is that the second I am able to get my own copy of the full Rock Band package with the drum kit and everything, my copy of Guitar Hero 3 is being traded in and I'll never go back. I always worried that I backed the wrong horse in the GH3/Rock Band battle and it turns out I was right.

My favourite part of the game, besides the awesome visuals and the fact that you can customize your character (my Spigot the guitarist looks like a hobo doctor), is the fact that they have the crowd singing along to most of the songs. In some instances, it's barely noticable but in others, like Say It Ain't So by Weezer, it just sends chills up your spine.

If you have a copy of Guitar Hero 3 for the 360, go rent the disc of Rock Band and enjoy yourself!

No comments: