Saturday, January 26, 2008

I'd Kick In The Sides But They're Made Of Indestructible Plastic

Hey! Guess what!

My car is in the crapper again. Not even a week after getting that brake switch finally fixed (which solved the annoying sticky shifter problem) and suddenly I'm dealing with what I assume is a dying alternator. I drove the car over to Shopper's Drug Mart today to pick up something and when I got back in and started to back out of my spot, suddenly the engine cut out and the engine lights started flashing and what-not.

I started the car again and was able to get a few more feet before it died again. A quick restart of the engine and I got it into a parking spot and just let it run for a few minutes. I was able to finish my errands but I noticed that the lights on the dash would dim whenever I had the brakes on and the signal light on. Sigh.

I called Canadian Tire (I know, but they're the only place open) and after describing my issues, it sounds like it's the alternator. I just got the battery replaced less than a year ago, so the alternator seems to be the most likely culprit.

I just hope I can get it down to Milton tomorrow (and fixed) so that I don't have to spend yet another Monday with my car in the shop. Sigh.

Why can't my car ever decide to die on a weekday?

No comments: